The artist MARCO VENTURA was born in Milan, Italy in 1963 and comes from an artistic family. He studied at the Accademia di Belle Arti of Brera in Milan and later at the School of Visual Arts in New York. Since 1988 he has been working as a freelance illustrator for many advertising companies and international publishers and magazines. He has received several awards, including two silver medals from the American Society of Illustrators, feature articles on his work have been published on Novum, 3x3 and Communication Arts. He designed and illustrated stamps for the British Royal Mail, the Vatican State and the Republic of San Marino.Ventura lives in Milan, Italy with his wife Laura Francesca Filippucci (also an illustrator) and their three children.
Partial List of Clients:
Wired UK, Time, The New Yorker, The Washington Post Magazine, GQ, Forbes, Esquire, The New York Times Book Review, Discover, The Progressive, NYU Magazine, The Guardian Review, Der Spiegel, Rolling Stone, The Atlantic Monthly,Texas Monthly, The New York Times Magazine, Reader's Digest UK, Spin, The Times and Sunday Times, Sueddeutsche Zeitung Magazine, Amica, Focus, Il Sole 24 Ore, Freundin, The Wall Street Journal, Abitare, Entertainment Weekly, and Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung Magazine.
Simon and Schuster, Harper Collins, Rizzoli, Mondadori, Chronicle Books, Little & Brown, Doubleday, Dial Books, Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag, Faber&Faber, Longanesi, Warner Books and Running Press.
IBM, Città del Vaticano, Firehorse Films (Lebanon), La Rinascente, Swatch, Ericson, Nivea, Consorzio dei Formaggi Svizzeri, Toft (Denmark), ASDA, Vini Antinori, Flou, Strathmore Paper, Arena Stage, Juilliard, Ferrero, The Body Shop, Seat, Comune di Firenze, Royal Sens (Holland), The Massachusetts Horticultural Society, Charleville (Ireland), Major League Baseball, AASFN San Marino, Musselman's, British Royal Mail and Fru Lysholm (Norway).
• 2 Silver Medals American Society of Illustrators ILLUSTRATORS 30 (1988) and ILLUSTRATORS 36 (1994), Silver Cone Prize Italian Art Directors Club (1995), Merit Award Society of Publication Designers (2005) and Premio Internazionale d’Arte Filatelica Religiosa “San Gabriele”(2013).
• Work also selected by: Print's Regional Design and Print's European Design Annuals, Communication Arts Design and Illustration Annuals, Illustrators, Images (British Association of Illustrators), Graphis, Creativity, American Illustration, The Art Directors Club Annual and Lurzer's 200 Best Illustrators Worldwide 2007.
- MARCO VENTURA "Illustrazioni Americane", Galleria dell'Istituto Europeo di Design - Milan (Italy) 1995.
- ILLUSTRATORS 29,30,32,33,34,36,37,38,39,40,41,43,44,48,50; Museum of American Illustration - New York 1987-2008.
- OUR OWN SHOW Society of Illustrators, Museum of American Illustration - New York 1996.
- FRANKFURTER ALLGEMEINE ZEITUNG MAGAZIN Illustratoren, Galerie an der Munsterbauhutte - Freiburg (Germany) 1997.
- THE ART OF THE NEW YORK TIMES, Museum of American Illustration - New York 2004.
- DIE KUNST DES SPIEGEL, Hamburg, Berlin, Frankfurt am Main, Dusseldorf, Munich, Stuttgart (Germany) – Vienna (Austria), Basel (Switzerland) and New York 2005 - 2006.
- NEW ARRIVALS New Voices in Illustration, The Coningsby Gallery - London (UK) 2006.
- INGRES ET LES MODERNES, Québec National Fine Arts Museum and Montauban - Ingres Museum 2009.
- ROLLING STONE - The Art of THE RECORD REVIEW, Museum of American Illustration – New York 2011.
- E2’s FOR THE LOVE OF ART, Galleria Bongiovanni – Bologna 2013.
- ROYAL SOCIETY of PORTRAIT PAINTERS - Annual Exhibition 2015, Mall Galleries, London 2015.
- BP PORTRAIT AWARD 2015 - National Portrait Gallery, London 2015.